Christmas can be a stressful time. Hosting, entertaining and cooking for a group of family and friends can be overwhelming. I adore having a party and I have a checklist that makes planning and executing a party easy breezy!
1. Invite guests.
2. Ensure you have all essential serving dishes, cutlery,
chairs, tables, linens etc. Renting is a great option. I
also love Home Sense (Home Goods for my American friends) for
almost all of your party needs.
3. Make a master list of everything you need to do to execute
the party. Like this one!
1. Plan the menu. Including appetizers, entrees, desserts, drinks
(both alcoholic and non), and garnishes etc.
2. Plan and purchase the party favours for all guests.
3. Make the perfect Ipod play list for the party.
4. Plan where everyone will dine and how and where you will serve
5. Plan the bar location.
1. Purchase the alcohol.
2. Purchase the non-perishable food and drinks.
3. Prepare the food that can be frozen.
4. Create the place cards.
1. Clean the house.
2. Polish the silverware and glassware.
3. Get remaining groceries including drinks and ice.
4. Set up the bar.
2. Prepare any food that can be done ahead of time
3. Re-organize any furniture to accommodate guests.
1. Set the table.
2. Chill the drinks.
3. Slice the garnishes for the bar.
4. Finish food prep for dinner and any appetizers.
5. Tidy the house.
1. Light the candles.
2. Turn on the Ipod.
3. Set out the appetizers.
4. Set out the party snacks.
5. Get dressed and have fun!
1. Follow this list. It’s a life saver and it will make you feel
like you are on top of the work.
2. Accept help. When someone offers to bring dessert or a side
dish say yes.
3. Relax. Christmas is a time to eat, drink and be merry! Your
party won’t be perfect and that’s a good thing.
For me staying organized is the key to Christmas success! Let your addiction to list making begin (or continue!).